Greenhouse - Solexx Walls
The solexx walls went up easy. Some of our decisions included
- Steel framing to avoid bugs in the wood and having to introduce paint etc into the greenhouse.
- A vent on the lower south facing wall
- A vent high on the north facing wall. Since we are on a hill this helps with ventilation.
- A vent on the west wall with an auto opener for high temp situations. In the summer I prop it open
- A vent on the east end of the north wall that is temperature controlled.
- In the summer we remove the north facing wall - for ventilation but we have a screen to keep out bugs
- In the winter we insulate the north wall and run a sheet of plastic over it to help keep out the cold.
- In the coldest part of winter we create an inner greenhouse which keeps the room a balmy 35° F